The Family Dog Class
Our educators know that dogs are beloved family members. In fact, for many couples, a puppy serves as a sort of “training ground” for parenthood! But adding a baby to the mix changes the landscape significantly–in both fun and challenging ways. In this class, you’ll learn how to prepare your space and your pup for a new human family member, how to set boundaries and maintain safety once baby arrives, and how to keep all your family members–furry and otherwise–happy about the new dynamic.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Identify dog training approaches
- Choose strategies for training a dog while parenting
- Prepare your space for dog and baby safety
- Encourage your existing dog to adjust to a new baby and young children
- Research a puppy breed that’s right for your family
- Foresee typical baby and child behavior around dogs
- Troubleshoot common challenges in families with dogs and young children
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.
What's Nurtured Nest?
Here from our founder, Kathryn Dunn, on how her experiences as an educator and as a new parent shaped what is now Nurtured Nest.