The Grandparent Class
In addition to covering infant safety, feeding, and sleep, this class will help new grandparents (whether they’re near or far) grow into their new role and help care for their own children as they become parents.
This class is for Grandparents with children who are expecting a baby or have a child 0-12 months old. Grandparents can watch before the baby arrives and watch again and again for one full year thanks to our easy-to-navigate, online, on-demand format. (Closed captioning is optional.)
After this class, Grandparents will be able to:
- Navigate changing roles and relationships–their own and their children’s
- Help the new parents transition into and enjoy this new life phase
- Name updated technology, research, and hospital policies
- Perform basic baby care
- Enact safety measures in a variety of settings
- Feed their grandbaby, safely and successfully–paced bottle feeding & solids
- Connect with their adult children and new grandbaby
- Implement self-care strategies, so they feel rested and whole while grandparenting
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.
What's Nurtured Nest?
Here from our founder, Kathryn Dunn, on how her experiences as an educator and as a new parent shaped what is now Nurtured Nest.