This class covers the basics of formula feeding, so you can feed your baby with peace and confidence. We address weaning, choosing a formula that works for your family, preparing bottles safely, initiating paced bottle feeding, and troubleshooting challenges. We also take on some of the cultural complexities you may have to navigate during formula feeding. And we’ll talk through formula feeding gear, so you can choose products that work best for your family.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Wean without pain
- Identify the different types of formula and choose one that works for your family
- Initiate bottle feeding after birth
- Safely and successfully bottle feed your baby, using the paced bottle feeding method
- Navigate challenges related to formula feeding
- Prepare and handle formula bottles safely
- Choose gear that works for your family
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care during infant feeding
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.
What's Nurtured Nest?
Here from our founder, Kathryn Dunn, on how her experiences as an educator and as a new parent shaped what is now Nurtured Nest.