Formula 101 from Nurtured Nest covers the basics of formula feeding, so you can feed your baby with peace and confidence. We address weaning, choosing a formula that works for your family, preparing bottles safely, initiating paced bottle feeding, and troubleshooting challenges. We also take on some of the cultural complexities you may have to navigate during formula feeding. And we’ll talk through formula feeding gear, so you can choose products that work best for your family.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Wean without pain
- Identify the different types of formula and choose one that works for your family
- Initiate bottle feeding after birth
- Safely and successfully bottle feed your baby, using the paced bottle feeding method
- Navigate challenges related to formula feeding
- Prepare and handle formula bottles safely
- Choose gear that works for your family
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care during infant feeding
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Our organization consults with Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Nurse Midwives, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners, Lactation Specialists, Registered Nurses, Licensed Therapists, Licensed Speech & Language Pathologists, Exercise Specialists, Physical Therapists, Family & Child Psychotherapists, Sleep Consultants, Child-Centered Business Owners, even Dog Trainers! All of our educators are also parents themselves.
Read about our team here.
Your health insurance policy may offer reimbursement or you may be able to use HSA or FSA dollars for all or part of prenatal classes. All insurance plans are different. You must contact your own health insurance company to confirm your policy’s specific reimbursement benefits. Nurtured Nest is not responsible for denied claims.
Read more on reimbursement on our FAQ page.
Nurtured Nest had everything I needed to feel prepared.
Hear from one of our real parents and her baby on why Nurtured Nest works for her family.
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.