Childbirth + Postpartum Class for New Parents
This is not your average childbirth class!
Our instructors have helped expectant families for a combined 45+ years...and they’re all parents themselves. We cover the nitty gritty of labor, childbirth, and postpartum, so you’re as ready as you can be. We also touch on how different cultures and generations view childbirth and the postpartum period, so you can navigate those complexities with grace.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Prepare for giving birth–mentally, physically, and logistically
- Identify 3rd trimester symptoms
- Name the stages of labor and their typical symptoms, knowing when it’s “go time”
- Differentiate between methods of pain management
- Navigate the stages of birth, with a medical team (vaginal or cesarean)
- Maximize the benefits of The Golden Hour
- Care for your body and spirit in the days and weeks immediately after birth
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care during birth and postpartum
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.
What's Nurtured Nest?
Here from our founder, Kathryn Dunn, on how her experiences as an educator and as a new parent shaped what is now Nurtured Nest.