Childbirth + Postpartum Class for All Parents
This is not your average childbirth class!
Nurtured Nest childbirth educators have helped expectant families for a combined 45+ years...and they bring experience from the bedside as well as from their life as a parent. Nurtured Nest's childbirth class covers the nitty gritty of labor, childbirth, and postpartum, so you’re as ready as you can be. We also touch on how different cultures and generations view childbirth and the postpartum period, so you can navigate those complexities with grace.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Prepare for giving birth–mentally, physically, and logistically
- Identify 3rd trimester symptoms
- Name the stages of labor and their typical symptoms, knowing when it’s “go time”
- Differentiate between methods of pain management
- Navigate the stages of birth, with a medical team (vaginal or cesarean)
- Maximize the benefits of The Golden Hour
- Care for your body and spirit in the days and weeks immediately after birth
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care during birth and postpartum
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Our organization consults with Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Nurse Midwives, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners, Lactation Specialists, Registered Nurses, Licensed Therapists, Licensed Speech & Language Pathologists, Exercise Specialists, Physical Therapists, Family & Child Psychotherapists, Sleep Consultants, Child-Centered Business Owners, even Dog Trainers! All of our educators are also parents themselves.
Read about our team here.
Your health insurance policy may offer reimbursement or you may be able to use HSA or FSA dollars for all or part of prenatal classes. All insurance plans are different. You must contact your own health insurance company to confirm your policy’s specific reimbursement benefits. Nurtured Nest is not responsible for denied claims.
Read more on reimbursement on our FAQ page.
Nurtured Nest had everything I needed to feel prepared.
Hear from one of our real parents and her baby on why Nurtured Nest works for her family.
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.