Introducing Technology Class
Technology plays a major role in the lives of most people. We depend on it for information, connection, and fun! But what’s the best way to introduce technology to a preschooler? This class will teach you to invite learning, set boundaries that stick, model responsible tech behavior, and cross this developmental threshold with confidence.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the latest research about screen time for kids
- Set technology boundaries that actually stick (for your kids AND you!)
- Explain the psychology of motivation as it relates to preschoolers and tech
- Name alternatives to screen time and bring them to life at home
- Explore options for technology that invites learning, rather than escape
- Enact social and emotional skill-building strategies to help you raise and awesome preschooler
- Troubleshoot tech-related behavior issues
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care surrounding tech
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Our organization consults with Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Nurse Midwives, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners, Lactation Specialists, Registered Nurses, Licensed Therapists, Licensed Speech & Language Pathologists, Exercise Specialists, Physical Therapists, Family & Child Psychotherapists, Sleep Consultants, Child-Centered Business Owners, even Dog Trainers! All of our educators are also parents themselves.
Read about our team here.
Your health insurance policy may offer reimbursement or you may be able to use HSA or FSA dollars for all or part of prenatal classes. All insurance plans are different. You must contact your own health insurance company to confirm your policy’s specific reimbursement benefits. Nurtured Nest is not responsible for denied claims.
Read more on reimbursement on our FAQ page.
Nurtured Nest had everything I needed to feel prepared.
Hear from one of our real parents and her baby on why Nurtured Nest works for her family.
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.