Family Tech Building Blocks
Technology plays a major role in the lives of most people. We depend on it for information, connection, and fun! But what’s the best way to introduce a preschooler to technology? This class will teach you to invite learning, set boundaries that stick, model responsible tech behavior, and cross this developmental threshold with confidence.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the latest research about screen time for kids
- Set technology boundaries that actually stick (for your kids AND you!)
- Explain the psychology of motivation as it relates to preschoolers and tech
- Name alternatives to screen time and bring them to life at home
- Explore options for technology that invites learning, rather than escape
- Enact social and emotional skill-building strategies to help you raise and awesome preschooler
- Troubleshoot tech-related behavior issues
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care surrounding tech
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.
What's Nurtured Nest?
Here from our founder, Kathryn Dunn, on how her experiences as an educator and as a new parent shaped what is now Nurtured Nest.