Hello new baby! This class is your one-stop shop for all the first-year basics: getting to know your baby, sleep, feeding, play, connection, milestones, and self-care. Made for parents of infants, no matter if it’s your first time or not.
Along with the logistics, we also talk about how to navigate the emotional and relational changes that come with this new adventure. And as always, we talk about some of the cultural complexities you might encounter as you lean into parenthood.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Perform basic infant and baby care including diapering, bathing, and swaddling
- Prepare for safety measures for sleep, feeding, play, and travel
- Safely and successfully feed their baby
- Safely and successfully help their baby sleep and get sleep themselves
- Identify first year milestones and growth expectations
- Connect and play with their baby
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care during their baby’s first year
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed