The Solid Start Class
Starting solid foods is an exciting time! But it can also be a bit overwhelming. There are choices to make and nerves to contend with. But we’re here to help you facilitate fun and peaceful meals at your family table. In Nurtured Nest's solid start class, we’ll address different approaches to feeding solids (spoiler–you don’t have to choose just one), how to prepare food for your baby, how to create an environment that welcomes adventurous eating, and how to troubleshoot when things aren’t going as you’d hoped. As always, we’ll talk gear and cover some of the cultural complexities around introducing solids, so you can navigate them with confidence.
After this class, you’ll be able to:
- Identify when your baby is ready for solid foods
- Choose an approach to feeding solids–traditional weaning or baby led weaning
- Name and navigate different behaviors at the table
- Feed your baby at the table or on the go, safely and with confidence
- Facilitate a positive mealtime experience
- Encourage your baby to be an adventurous eater
- Troubleshoot issues with feeding solids
- Choose gear that works for your family
- Implement strategies for grown-up self-care during feeding
- Seek help from trusted sources when needed
Our organization consults with Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Pediatricians, Nurse Midwives, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners, Lactation Specialists, Registered Nurses, Licensed Therapists, Licensed Speech & Language Pathologists, Exercise Specialists, Physical Therapists, Family & Child Psychotherapists, Sleep Consultants, Child-Centered Business Owners, even Dog Trainers! All of our educators are also parents themselves.
Read about our team here.
Your health insurance policy may offer reimbursement or you may be able to use HSA or FSA dollars for all or part of prenatal classes. All insurance plans are different. You must contact your own health insurance company to confirm your policy’s specific reimbursement benefits. Nurtured Nest is not responsible for denied claims.
Read more on reimbursement on our FAQ page.
Nurtured Nest had everything I needed to feel prepared.
Hear from one of our real parents and her baby on why Nurtured Nest works for her family.
Nurtured Nest is essential in parenting
Hear from one of our contributing educators, Melinda Beavers, MD, PhD, on how Nurtured Nest helps her and the families she serves in her pediatric practice.